CALL TODAY!  678-609-3230

Skilled Assistance During The Guardianship Or Conservatorship Legal Process

It is one of the most difficult challenges a family can face — what to do when an elderly family member can no longer make or communicate responsible decisions for their health and safety, or for their finances.

The senior relative’s inability or incapacitation can arise from a myriad causes: a stroke, a coma or advanced Alzheimer’s, just to name a few.

At The Ammari Firm, LLC, experienced elder law attorney Patricia Ammari gives you the facts about guardianships and conservatorships that can address these needs, and the litigation-based process for establishing or contesting such a strategy.

Legal Guardianships And Conservatorships Show How Much You Care

When a loved one can no longer make or communicate responsible decisions for their health and safety, it may be necessary to seek an adult guardianship over that person. This involves requesting that the court transfers rights and responsibilities to a proposed guardian. The court will hold a hearing and hear evidence in making its determination of whether a guardianship is appropriate under the circumstances.

If a loved one is unable to make or communicate responsible decisions about the management of his or her finances, it may be necessary to petition the court for a conservatorship over the property of the loved one. Similar to guardianship, this involves taking certain rights and responsibilities from the proposed ward and transferring them to the proposed conservator. The accounting duties of a conservator are significant, making the conservator subject to close ongoing oversight by the court.

Speak With Our Skilled Estate Planning Lawyer — Phone Consultations

The Ammari Firm, LLC, helps families seek guardianships or conservatorships over loved ones where appropriate. We carefully guide you in each step of the process so that you can continue to focus on caring for your loved one.

Contact The Ammari Firm, LLC, in Marietta law office, to arrange a phone consultation. Call 678-609-3230, or stay online to send an email message.